March 25th, 2012

I’ll just leave this year.

Well. It’s pretty clear that I’m sorta sick of working on this comic. My life and work is busy, of course, but that’s not the main problem. I’m pretty burnt out on Heard and drawing in general. Feeling pretty sure that there’s no future in it for me and therefore no point in continuing.

I probably just need to bury myself in comics I love and work on new projects.

I’m going to try to finish Heard as quickly as I can. Within the next 20-30 pages or something. However, I’ll probably work on short side-stories and backstories and upload them sporadically, even after the story is officially over.. anyway, that’s still in the future.

I’m going to stop keeping all of these feelings bottled up. I’m just going to be honest about what I’m feeling. I’m sorry if it’s disappointing.

You, the reader, are the only reason I’ve even kept going this long.. And the only reason I’m going to finish.

Thanks for the recent supportive messages. I appreciate it.

Comments

1. Emu says:

I have to say, I’m really glad you’ve decided to finish Heard even though you’re sick of it. I came here from Seen, and I’ve been following the story ever since. I love this comic, it’s one of my favorites. I’m glad it’s not just going to be left hanging.

2. OmegaB says:

I know how you feel, at the end of my last story I was burned out for awhile and just wanted it to be over and done with.

3. Em says:

:( Well, thanks for being honest. I really enjoyed this comic. And thank you for finishing instead of just giving up and walking away without a word. Thank you for that. I hope your life goes well. And… even though you’re sick of Heard, I’m going to be excited to see how it ends.

4. Leslie says:

Thanks for finishing the comic even though you don’t like doing anymore! Jeeze there are so many comics I’ve read out there that just up and and stopped updating. It’s so disappointing. So thank you so much for dedicating to finish. That’s very righteous of you. I’m hoping to see more works from you in the future! Good luck finishing Heard!

5. Kat says:

Aw, I’m sorry you feel that way. I really enjoy the comic, I’ll be on the lookout for new projects of yours, okay? :)

6. Keira says:

I’m sorry the story burnt you out- though I cant blame you for feelig that way- I’ve been there :(

I’m just happy your finishing~ just remember to do it at your own pace, alright? Your already forcing yourself to finish, so just take as long as you need :D

We will always be here supporting you <3

7. darklion says:

Please Please finish the comic!

8. Amieechu says:

Ilu<3
    I'm glad you've decided to finish. This is def. one of my favorites to read. I shall continue to stalk you through tumblr :3

9. chou chou says:

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been lurking around this site ever since I read ‘Seen’ a few years ago. I don’t really keep up with a lot of webcomics, but I always check yours to see if there’s updates. Can’t say I’m not disappointed to hear about your decision, but I respect it. I know you’ve put a ton of work and time into these comics. I hope you rediscover your love of comics during your time off, and I’m sure you’ll be re-enchanted by it again. Even if you don’t think there’s any future in drawing comics, please keep drawing! And remember why you started. So the best of luck to you! :)