August 27th, 2009

Sorry the page is just a sketch. When you read this, I’m dealing with 2 things:
1. Lasik eye surgery
2. Tendonitis of the wrist.

So, I had to go to bed early to be ready for my surgery and couldn’t keep working. Also my wrist is in a brace, which makes it harder to draw than usual.

I will ink and replace this image later.

IF I GO BLIND FROM THIS SURGERY, NUU IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING HEARD. :I If you wanna hear the good or bad news first, you can watch my twitter.

Comments

1. Abby says:

Oh I hope your surgery(ies?) go well. I know they will P:!
    Even if something were to happen Nuu is pretty amazing too.
    Good luck on everything, and the comic is great n.n! Er- AMAZING :D

Haha! The surgery was a success, so UNFORTUNATELY, Nuu won’t be finishing up Heard for me. Bummer! :C

Thanks for the comment and encouragement! I’ll get back to drawing Heard as soon as my eyes/arms allow it!

2. Re says:

Whoa man! Take a chill pill! Seriously, if you have tendonitis and surgery to worry about right now, I think you deserve a break from the web comic. *Dodges bricks*

But no joke! Take some time off if it’s that bad. I don’t know about your other readers, but I can wait a pretty long time, and I’d rather wait a long time than get a little heart-break when you have to give up the comic, even if this Nuu (who I’m guessing is amazing) to fall back on. So just take a month or two to yourself or something like that. :) ~I’m sure you deserve it.

Until then, hope everything goes well. Love the comic and your characters. Kudos! :)

Haha, thanks for the encouragement! You’re probably more patient than most readers… including myself, haha. I was going to try to make myself continue drawing despite the surgery, but with my eyes and arms in the condition they’re in, I’ve found it a bit impossible. This is the first day I’ve spent any time at the computer at all, and I still can’t stand it long enough to draw anything.

I will be missing some more updates in order for my eyes to heal (at least one more, maybe 2 more), and I hope that more people take your attitude. I’ll be posting filler content from fans in the meanwhile, so there’ll be something to look at.

But yes.. despite all my joking, Nuu won’t be taking over the comic. I’ll be back to drawing it in no time. :) And I’ll be sure to rest enough to do it without hurting myself.

Thanks for the concern and for commenting. I hope to keep you reading for a long time!

3. Nicole says:

Oh no! I hope your wrist gets better, and your surgery goes well. <33

Thank you! Since my eyes don’t really take the computer screen very well, I’ve been using this time to rest my arms as well, which is helping the pain a lot. So, hopefully I’ll be able to return to drawing with my eyes and arms in good condition.

Thanks for the comment!! <3

4. Coffii Junkii says:

Good luck with that. Hurting your wrist seems to be going around. We should have an international rest your wrist day… or week. Yea, a week.

Any way, Vlad reminds we waaaaaay to much of my friend Jason. Really… waaaaaaaay to much. Except that Jason is more of a man-whore than Vlad.

Yeah, a lot of other artists seem to be having wrist problems as well, huh? That’s just to be expected, I guess. This is a time of the year when lots of people start reading comics again (the end of summer vacation) so artists feel extra pressure to keep updates on time. I guess that’s part of the reason we end up hurting ourselves.

I agree about the Week of wrist-resting, though! We need to get the paperwork started on this holiday!

5. Rolland says:

nooooooooo! GET PKR, ITS SAFER AND BETTER IN THE LONG RUN!!!

I consulted many different doctors over the last few years, and it was a consensus that LASIK was the best treatment for me.

The surgery was a success, now I just have to wait until I heal up so that looking at a computer screen is comfortable.

Thanks for the concern!

6. scap3goat says:

Considering the physics behind it, I’m certain that you can’t go blind from LASIK unless something big happens, like the laser explodes in your face or something. So, you can’t get out of finishing this unless you try to make yer tendonitis chronic. =P

BTW, long time reader, first time commenter. I know, I’m a sucky fan in that regard, but I’ll stick around with or without exploding lasers and dead tendons. I love it and I totally want to see where you take this!

With my luck, I was amazed that the laser didn’t just explode in the middle of surgery, haha! But yeah, I was pretty much joking about the possibility of going blind… I just wanted to make Nuu draw the rest of Heard. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?!

My tendonitis should improve as I rest my arms, so I guess I’m not going to get a good excuse to pawn the work off on her.

Anyway.. I’m a sucky fan too, there’s a lot of comics that I read but never comment or email the author about. I should really change that. :/ Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope to keep you interested for billions of pages to come! I will keep drawing even when I am a skeleton.

7. Megan says:

Hannah’s still hot, even in sketch form. <33

8. Kath says:

I love seeing the sketch stage and how it develops into the final drawing later. Good luck with both things (wrist and eyes) – do you think it would be possible to find a more unlucky combination of injuries for an artist? I mean really,…

Definately rest up and take your time to get back to us.

Haha, I know! The hand/wrist and the eyes are THE most important body parts for an artist, and then I go and mess them both up at the same time!

At least I can spend this time recovering both of them, instead of injuring one first, and getting surgery later, etc.. I’m healing two birds with one magical healing-stone!

9. Absolutely, I believe this advice is important. Thank You.